Tuesday 8 January 2008

The F-word

It's fartlek tonight. And lets face it, fartlek is the fairy of all speed sessions. Swedish for speed play and Scottish for dossing around. All that "oh there's a lamppost, lets sprint to it" and "fast to the end of the road" bla bla. You can really make it as hard or as easy as you like. It's more like a mobile social evening.
Fartlek attracts the most members to Tuesday's speed nights. With 1k reps and time trials having the opposite effect. Not tonight though. The rain was bouncing off the streets. Perfect excuse for the troops to put off their good intentions for another week. It even took us about 10 minutes to venture out of the car.
Thankfully it cleared a little when we were out. Or maybe I didn't really notice. One of my favourite things is running in the rain...although I prefer it if the rains starts when I'm already out.
There was about 10 in our group tonight. We all took turns at leading the pack. This is usually quite detrimental as each "leader" tries to out do the last by running a bit further and bit faster.
Had a great run tonight. Glad I took the day off yesterday. The alternative was a cut-down rep session at Kelvinhall track. I did promise to make it along next Monday. I'm sure I'll live to regret that %-)

No comments: