Thursday 10 April 2008

OK, folks, I'm ready now.

And now, that London is near
And so I face the final curtain
My blog friend, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
Ive completed a training plan that's full
I've ran along each and every highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way
Bad runs, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what Lesley told me to do
Every rep session without exemption
I've memorised the London course
Each careful step along the byway
But more, much more than this
I did it my way
Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all, when there was doubt
I just kept eating and blocked it out
I faced it all and I stood tall
And did it my way
I've loved, I've cheered and cried
I've had exhaustion and toenail bruising
And now, as tears subside, I find it all so amusing
To think I ran all that
And may I say - not in a my usual slow way
No, oh no not me, I did it my way


Somehow I can't get Frank Sinatra out of my head, as I skipped off on my last pre-marathon run. I know the seven mile Garscube run might be a bit much and probably a bit fast, but I didn't want to miss out.

The first few miles along the Kelvin Walkway were a bit of struggle, but once I was out of Botanic Gardens I felt ace. Down GWR, along Bank St, up through Hyndland, down Clarence and Crow Road back to the Estate. Finished on a real high, so I'm really ready for Sunday now. I can't wait.

7.12 miles in 59.15. Really steady pace 8.42, 8.21, 8.57, 7.54, 7.55, 8.03, 8.23 and 7.46 (average 8.19).

No comments: